بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Preferences of the Surah
There are many ahadeeth that enumerate the blessings of this surah in its entirety and regarding the first or last ten ayat.
1. Abu Darda' ~ may ALLAH be pleased with him ~ related that the Holy Prophet ~ ~ said, " One who memorized the first ten verses of Suratul Kahf will be secure against the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) . Another version says: "One who commits to his memory the last 10 verses of this surah will remain immune from the Dajjal. [Muslim]
2. From Baihaqi: He who recites Suratul Kahf on yaumul Jumuah (Friday), ALLAH will shine a light for him between the two Fridays. [sahih]
3. From Ahmad, Muslim, An-Nisaa'ie, and Ibn Habban -- that Abu Darda' said the Messenger of ALLAH ~ ~ said, "Whoever reads the last 10 ayat from Suratul Kahf, he will be immune from the fitnah (corruption) of the Dajjal.
4. From At-Tirmithi who proclaimed it sahih: Abu Darda' said, "The Messenger of ALLAH ~ ~ said, 'Whoever reads 3 ayat from the beginning of Suratul Kahf is protected or immune from the fitnah of the Dajjal. In another version it says 10 ayat from the beginning of it or 10 ayat from the end of it.
5. Ibn Mardwiyah Al Daiya' in "Al Mukhtaar" related that Ali ~ may ALLAH be pleased with him ~ said that the Messenger of ALLAH ~ ~ said: "Whoever reads (Suratul) Kahf on yaumul Jumuah, he is immune for 8 days from all fitnah that will happen. When the Dajjal comes out, he will be immune to him.
6. Found in At-Tubraani' s "Al Awsat" and Al Haakim's "Mustadrak" and who declared it sahih, Ibn Mardwiyah and Al Baihaqi and Al Diyaa': Abu Saeed Al Khudari said that the Messenger of ALLAH ~ ~ said, "Whoever reads Suratul Kahf has a light for him from "maqaamahu" his place (where he is standing) to Makkah; and whoever reads 10 ayat from the end of it (the last 10 ayat) then the Dajjal comes out, he will not be harmed by him.
7. Al Haakim who said it is sahih -- the hadith of Abu Saeed -- that the Messenger of ALLAH ~ ~ said, "Whoever reads Suratul Kahf on yaumul Jumuah, a light will shine for him between the 2 Fridays (until the next Friday).Al Baihaqi also provided that hadith in "As Sunan" from the same narrators and from a different chain.
8. Ibn Mardwiyah from Ibn Omar ~ may ALLAH be pleased with them both ~ who said the Messenger of ALLAH ~ ~ said, "Whoever reads Suratul Kahf on yaumul Jumuah, for him light would shine from beneath his foot to 'Aden in the heavens, shining for him on the Last Day and he will be forgiven for what occurs between the 2 Fridays (minor sins)
9. On the authority of Aiesha ~may ALLAH be pleased with her~ the Messenger of ALLAH ~ pbuh ~ said, "Shall I not inform you of a surah which is so full of greatness it reaches between the heaven and earth and it has blessings written for it of similar proportions (from the sky to earth) whoever reads it on yaumul Jumuah is forgiven what occurred between that Jumuah and the next, in addition to 3 days (i.e. 10 days in all) and whoever reads the last five ayat of it when he goes to sleep, ALLAH will send him that night what he wants? They said, Yes, O Messenger of ALLAH. He said: Surat As haabul Kahf.
10. "Whoever among you reaches Dajjal (Dadjdjal, the Evil Center), he should read far back and deeply into the Surat al-Kahf. The end of this sura will be your salvation from Dajjal."
11. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Whoever recited Surah al Kahf in the same manner in which it was revealed, it will serve for him as a light on the Day of Judgement, from his domicile to Makkah. And whoever recited the last ten verses, and it happens that the Dajjal should appear after that, Dajjal will not be empowered over him’. [Hakim 1/564 & Dhahabi]
Imam Ahmad recorded that Al-Bara' said: "A man recited Al-Kahf and there was an animal in the house which began acting in a nervous manner. He looked, and saw a fog or cloud overhead. He mentioned this to the Prophet , who said:«اقْرَأْ فُلَانُ، فَإِنَّهَا السَّكِينَةُ تَنْزِلُ عِنْدَ الْقُرْآنِ أَوْ تَنَزَّلَتْ لِلْقُرْآن»(Keep on reciting so and so, for this is the tranquillity which descends when one reads Qur'an or because of reading Qur'an;) This was also recorded in the Two Sahihs. Imam Ahmad recorded from Abu Ad-Darda' that the Prophet said:«مَنْ حَفِظَ عَشْرَ آيَاتٍ مِنْ أَوَّلِ سُورَةِ الْكَهْفِ عُصِمَ مِنَ الدَّجَّال»(Whoever memorizes ten Ayat from the beginning of Surat Al-Kahf will be protected from the Dajjal.) This was also recorded by Muslim, Abu Dawud, An-Nasa'i and At-Tirmidhi. According to the version recorded by At-Tirmidhi,«مَنْ حَفِظَ ثَلَاثَ آيَاتٍ مِنْ أَوَّلِ الْكَهْف»(Whoever memorizes three Ayat from the beginning of Al-Kahf.) He said, it is "Hasan Sahih. '' In his Mustadrak, Al-Hakim recorded from Abu Sa`id that the Prophet said:«مَنْ قَرَأَ سُورَةَ الْكَهْفِ فِي يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ أَضَاءَ لَهُ مِنَ النُّورِ مَا بَيْنَهُ وَبَيْنَ الْجُمُعَتَيْن»(Whoever recites Surat Al-Kahf on Friday, it will illuminate him with light from one Friday to the next.) Then he said: "This Hadith has a Sahih chain, but they (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) did not record it.'' Al-Hafiz Abu Bakr Al-Bayhaqi also recorded it in his Sunan from Al-Hakim, then he narrated with his own chain that the Prophet said:«مَنْ قَرَأَ سُورَةَ الْكَهْفِ كَمَا نَزَلَتْ، كَانَتْ لَهُ نُورًا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَة»(Whoever recites Surat Al-Kahf as it was revealed, it will be a light for him on the Day of
﴿بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ ﴾In the Name of ALLAH, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ عَلَىٰ عَبْدِهِ الْكِتَابَ وَلَمْ يَجْعَل لَّهُ عِوَجًا ۜ
(1) Praise be to Allah, Who hath sent to His Servant the Book, and hath allowed therein no Crookedness:
قَيِّمًا لِّيُنذِرَ بَأْسًا شَدِيدًا مِّن لَّدُنْهُ وَيُبَشِّرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ الَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا حَسَنًا
(2) (He hath made it) Straight (and Clear) in order that He may warn (the godless) of a terrible Punishment from Him, and that He may give Glad Tidings to the Believers who work righteous deeds, that they shall have a goodly Reward,
مَّاكِثِينَ فِيهِ أَبَدًا
(3) Wherein they shall remain for ever:
وَيُنذِرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا اتَّخَذَ اللَّهُ وَلَدًا
(4) Further, that He may warn those (also) who say, "Allah hath begotten a son":
مَّا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ وَلَا لِآبَائِهِمْ ۚ كَبُرَتْ كَلِمَةً تَخْرُجُ مِنْ أَفْوَاهِهِمْ ۚ إِن يَقُولُونَ إِلَّا كَذِبًا
(5) No knowledge have they of such a thing, nor had their fathers. It is a grievous thing that issues from their mouths as a saying what they say is nothing but falsehood!
فَلَعَلَّكَ بَاخِعٌ نَّفْسَكَ عَلَىٰ آثَارِهِمْ إِن لَّمْ يُؤْمِنُوا بِهَٰذَا الْحَدِيثِ أَسَفًا
(6) Thou wouldst only, perchance, fret thyself to death, following after them, in grief, if they believe not in this Message.
إِنَّا جَعَلْنَا مَا عَلَى الْأَرْضِ زِينَةً لَّهَا لِنَبْلُوَهُمْ أَيُّهُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا
(7) That which is on earth we have made but as a glittering show for the earth, in order that We may test them - as to which of them are best in conduct.
وَإِنَّا لَجَاعِلُونَ مَا عَلَيْهَا صَعِيدًا جُرُزًا
(8) Verily what is on earth we shall make but as dust and dry soil (without growth or herbage).
أَمْ حَسِبْتَ أَنَّ أَصْحَابَ الْكَهْفِ وَالرَّقِيمِ كَانُوا مِنْ آيَاتِنَا عَجَبًا
(9) Or dost thou reflect that the Companions of the Cave and of the Inscription were wonders among Our Sign?
إِذْ أَوَى الْفِتْيَةُ إِلَى الْكَهْفِ فَقَالُوا رَبَّنَا آتِنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً وَهَيِّئْ لَنَا مِنْ أَمْرِنَا رَشَدًا
(10) Behold, the youths betook themselves to the Cave: they said, "Our Lord! bestow on us Mercy from Thyself, and dispose of our affair for us in the right way!"