Prohibition of Cruelty

ALLAH, the Exalted, says:

"And do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, Al-Masakin (the poor), the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess. Verily, ALLAH does not like such as are proud and boastful.'' (4:36) 



Hadith

1. It has been narrated that Hisham bin Hakim bin Hizam (May Allah be pleased with them) happened to pass by some (non-Arab) farmers of Syria who had been made to stand in the sun, and olive oil was poured on their heads. He said: "What is the matter?'' He was told that they had been detained for the non-payment of Jizyah. (Another narration says that they were being tortured for not having paid Al-Kharaj). Thereupon Hisham said: "I bear testimony to the fact that I heard the Messenger of ALLAH (PBUH) saying,
”ALLAH will torment those who torment people in the world.''
Then he proceeded towards their Amir and reported this Hadith to him. The Amir then issued orders for their release. [Muslim].

2. Ibn `Umar (R.A) said: The Messenger of ALLAH (PBUH) said, "A woman was punished in Hell because of a cat which she had confined until it died. She did not give it to eat or to drink when it was confined, nor did she free it so that it might eat the vermin of the earth.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

3. Ibn `Umar (R.A) reported: I happened to pass by some lads of the Quraish who had tied a bird at which they have been shooting arrows. Every arrow that they missed came into the possession of the owner of the bird. No sooner had they seen Ibn `Umar, they dispersed. Thereupon, Ibn `Umar said: "Who has done this? May ALLAH curse him who has done so. Verily, the Messenger of ALLAH (PBUH) has cursed anyone who makes a live thing the target (of one's marksmanship).'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

4. Abu Mas`ud Al-Badri (R.A) said: I was beating my slave with a whip when I heard a voice behind me which said: "Abu Mas`ud! Bear in mind...'' I did not recognize the voice for the intense anger I was in. Abu Mas`ud added: As he came near me, I found that he was the Messenger of ALLAH (PBUH) who was saying, "Abu Mas`ud! Bear in mind that ALLAH has more dominance upon you than you have upon your slave.'' Then I said: "I will never beat any slave in future.''
Another narration is: The whip dropped from my hand in awe of the Prophet (PBUH).
Still another narration is: I said: "He is free for the sake of ALLAH.'' He (PBUH) said, "If you had not done this, you would have been singed by the Fire.'' [Muslim].

5. Ibn `Umar (R.A) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "The expiation for beating or slapping a slave on the face for something he has not done is to set him free.'' [Muslim].





By : Aisha Ahsam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...