SUNNAHS AT THE TIME OF WAKING UP

بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم






• When you open your eyes, say the following dua’:
اَلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِىْ اَحْيَانَا بَعْدَ مَا اَمَاتَنَا وَ اِلَيْهِ النُّشُوْر

Al’hamdu lillaahil lazi a’hyaanaa ba’damaa amaatanaa wa ilayhin nushoor
All Praise be to ALLAH Who gave us life after having given us death and(our) final return (on the Day of judgement) is to Him.
(Bukhaari, Aboo Daawood, Nasa’ee)

• Immediately upon waking from sleep, rub the face and the eyes with both hands so that the effect of sleep goes away.
(Shamaa’il-e-Tirmizi)

• Whenever you get up from sleep, use Miswaak.
(Musnad-e-Ahmad, Aboo Daawood)

• Abu Hurairah (RadiAllaho Ta’ala Anho) narrates, “When you wake up from your sleep to pray, wash your hands before you put them in the ablution water, for you do not know where your hands have spent the night”. (Muslim)

• It is also a sunnah of the Prophet (salalahu 'alyhi wasalam) to recite the last 10 verses of Surah A’l-e-Imran when he would wake up from his sleep.
Ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) narrates: One night I stayed overnight in the house of my aunt Maymoonah, and said to myself, “I will watch the prayer of ALLAH’s Apostle.” My aunt placed a cushion for ALLAH’s Apostle and he slept on it in its length-wise direction and woke-up rubbing the traces of sleep off his face and then he recited the last ten verses of Surah Al-e-Imran till he finished it. Then he went to a hanging water skin and took it, performed the ablution and then stood up to offer the prayer. [Full hadith found in saheeh Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

The Benefit of reviving a Sunnah.
• The Prophet (pbuh) said:► "Whoever revives an aspect of my Sunnah that is forgotten after my death, he will have a reward equivalent to that of the people who follow him, without it detracting in the least from their reward." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 7/443;)

• ’Abdullaah Ibn ‘Abbaas (and also in the narration mentioned by Ibn Hajar, Abu Hurayrah), said that the Prophet Muhammad said:
“Whoever sticks to my Sunnah (my way, my path, my practice, my teachings) when my Ummah becomes corrupt, will receive the reward of 100 martyrs.”

• The Prophet [pbuh] said, “whoever turns away from my Sunnah (i.e., my way) is not from me.” [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim]







By : Aisha Ahsam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...